"RobotBob... Sponge... Chef... Pants... I put the brain in the robot, you know." - Sheldon J. Plankton
Robot SpongeBob is a robot built by Plankton to force Spongebob make a Krabby Patty , and is confirmed as Plan D. A few months after Plankton had failed to get the secret Krabby Patty formula, he had won the card game against Mr.Krabs, reluctantly Poker, and had then won SpongeBob to work at the Chum Bucket. SpongeBob did not have the proper ingredients to cook a Krabby Patty, but he was to be treated with compassion and understanding. Later, SpongeBob became less disciplined, and called Plankton a bad name. Plankton had took out his brain and put it into the Robot SpongeBob, Plankton programmed the robot to make a Krabby Patty, but then Robot SpongeBob said:Response: Why don't you ask me later?' Then Plankton yelled at him to follow his orders, but Robot SpongeBob said 'I don't wanna' and lazily drank gas soda while reading a comicbook that had a comic strip of SpongeBob, and Patrick, and Squidward. Personality Robot SpongeBob is shown to be sassy and does not follow Plankton's orders to make him a Krabby Patty replying with "I don't feel like it". The robot had that response because it was still Spongebob's brain, which has his personality, thoughts, and memories in it. Plankton just gave the brain a new body to mantain the brain which ultimently back fired which doesn't change that Spongebob is taking advantage of Plankton. It is also shown he likes to drink oil and read comic books. Plankton becomes frustrated and puts the brain back into SpongeBob, himself.
- He also appears as a villain in Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots.
- He serves as a henchman towards Plankton and Professor Finbarr Calamatous. What's similar is both are tiny while he's big!
- He had joined with Robo-Jimmy, Robo-Timmy, Robo-Tak, and evil huggable Teddy Bears.
- It is possible he/she is female because in SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom he/she almost marries Robo Plankton.
- A Robot-SpongeBob is in the Chum Bucket Lego set.
- This Robot is called 2 names: RobotBob SpongeChefPants and Robot SpongeBob.
- Plankton called him "SpongeBot SquareShiftpants". Not to be confused with Robo-SpongeBob.
- The premise of Robot Spongebob is similar to The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror II segment featuring Homer's nightmare. Homer, a lazy worker, is kidnapped by Mr. Burns and Smithers, who put his brain into a robot. The robot ends up being lazy and refusing to work, just like Homer.
- Part of the control panel of Glove World in Tunnel of Glove looks just like the robot.
- The robot is an obvious parody of Frankenstein's Monster, because in the book the mad scientist puts corpeses body part to make the monster come to life, as in here Spongebob's brain is transferred into the robot.